OFFICERS ELECTION AND APPOINTMENT
Elected Officers – The elected and required officers of this fraternity shall be composed of the Board of Directors, the Over-all Council, the Luzon/Visayas/Mindanao and Overseas Council, the Regional Council, the City & Municipal Council and the School & Community Chapter. These councils and chapters have the authority to appoint the Officers for the Support Departments (The Administrative/Information Technology (I.T.) and Election Department, The Legal Department, The Sigma Department and the Finance Department).The Alumni Council has also its election of officers; said election will be among the alumni members.
In situation where the elected/appointed officer/s without notice left his position or is inactive for a minimum of THREE (3) MONTHS without relegating to his/ her next inline officer. The next inline officer or the Chief Executive of the Council will report the situation to the next higher council for the next inline officer to assume such position or to appoint officer to the vacant position until the regular election.
Appointing Officers – the Board of Directors (B.O.D) are authorized to appoint officers for the Over-All Council, the Luzon/ Visayas/ Mindanao and the Overseas Council and Other Council/s as necessary until such regular election is conducted. The Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao Councils are also authorized to appoint officers for their Regional Councils, same with the Overseas Councils that has its authority to appoint officers for the Community Chapters pending the regular election. The Regional Councils has its authority to appoint officers for the Provincial councils pending the regular election. The Provincial Councils are likewise authorized to appoint its officers for the City Councils and Municipal Councils as necessary until regular election is conducted. The City Councils and Municipal Councils are also authorized to appoint officers for the Community Chapters and the School Chapters until the regular elections. All appointments of officers shall be covered with Appointment Orders duly signed by the Council Officers and/ or Chapter’s Officers and same be forwarded copies to the higher authority councils and to the Over-All Council for reference.
The Board of Directors (B.O.D) with the approval of the Chairman has also the Special Authority to terminate inactive Board Member/s for more than ONE (1) years without giving notice to the Chairman of the Board of his/her status. Three (3) signatories from the B.O.D to include the Chairman of the Board are the minimum requirements in terminating board member/s under the Special Authority for the good interest and welfare of the organization.
No Officers from the B.O.D down to the Community or School Chapters are allowed to hold dual position. Collateral position are authorized but in temporary basis only, and shall relegate such position to other qualified member. (See attached Oath Taking Form)
Qualifications for Office – In order to be nominated, elected or appointed to office, a brother must be in good standing. Any member with derogative record or standing case with any law enforcement agencies, local government units in the country and or indulged in illegal activities is disqualified in holding any position in the organization.
The basic requirements for members seeking position in the Board of Directors, Over-all Council and the Alumni Council is ten (10) years of membership status in good standing and a member of the Alumni Council.
Term of Office
- Board of Directors -shall hold office for a period of five (5) years and/or until their successors are elected and qualified. The Election for the BOD shall be during the General Assembly.
- Over-All Council– shall hold office for a period of four (4) years and/or until their successors are elected and qualified. The Election for the Over-all Council Officers shall be during the foundation anniversary.
- Luzon/Visayas/Mindanao & Overseas Council – shall hold office for a period of three (3) years and/or until their successors are elected and qualified. The Election shall be during the foundation anniversary.
- Regional Council – shall hold office for a period of three (3) years and/or until their successors are elected and qualified. The Election shall be during the foundation anniversary.
- Provincial Council – shall hold office for a period of two (2) years and/or until their successors are elected and qualified. The Election shall be during the foundation anniversary.
- City/ Municipal Council – shall hold office for a period of two (2) years and/or until their successors are elected and qualified. The Election shall be during the foundation anniversary.
- School/ Community Chapter – shall hold office for a period of one (1) year and/or until their successors is elected and qualified. The Election shall be held on the 4th Week of September of the election year.
- Support Department –the term of office of the appointed officers under the Support Department from the Over-all Council down to the School and Community Chapters shall be in line with the terms of the regular officers of such councils, and/or might be extended in the position after the regular election.
Notification of Elections –Election date, time, and place shall be posted for the information of all concerned members.
Voting – In the election of officers, the member receiving majority of the total votes cast for the position shall be declared elected. The total number of members present during the Election Day for the election of the Board of Directors (B.O.D) down to the Community and School Chapters Officers will constitute a QUORUM. A Quorum is the total number of members present as minimum requirement in the conduct of elections and such transaction is legal.
The Election Department of the Over-All Council down to the Community or School Chapters shall oversee the election process of each council/chapter. While the Election Department of the Over-All Council shall oversee the election process of the Board of Directors (B.O.D). All members under the jurisdictional areas of each Council/s or Chapter/s are qualified to vote.
Impeachment of Elected Officers –In filing of impeachment case against any elected officer/s, a written complaint shall be submitted to the concerned body stating the charges against the officer. The concerned council over the complaint jurisdiction shall convene a fact-finding committee to act on the impeachment complaint.
Vacancies – If vacancy occurs in any elected office for any reason, the council/chapter must hold a special election for the vacated position. Prior to holding the special election, it may be necessary to appoint another member to temporarily assume the duties of the vacated office. If the vacated office is the Over-all President, then the Over-all Vice President assumes the responsibilities of the President until the special election.